As I reread the post I made yesterday, I realized that it was rather on the depressing side. Bad day. In contrast to yesterday, today was a really good day. It felt much like it does when real sunshine breaks through heavy clouds to remind you that the sun hasn't gone anywhere and that it has been there all along.Part of today's sunshine came from some answered prayers received via general conference talks. One answer in particular felt like a burst of sunlight breaking through clouds of confusion and anxiety. I feel so much peace and gratitude now, first because I know that God really does hear my prayers, and second, because he answers them.
The process of finding answers to prayers can be confusing, muddy, and a frustrating exercise in patience. It is also a miraculous process, as we send our dearest desires and most difficult troubles to the Heaven's and wait for God to reply. Something that I find truly marvelous about prayer and about God is that we are allowed to expect an answer. Of course we can't tell God when and where to answer us, but we can expect that He will answer at some point in time, when we need it most - even if we don't see it that way. I want to get better at praying and telling God everything. I want to get even better at being still and listening for the answer I know He will give. It's not a perfect science, and I need a lot of practice.
The biggest ray of sunshine in my day was Jonathan. The reasons why would make a very long list, so let me just say this: Jonathan is everything that I thought I needed in a best friend and he is also everything that I didn't know that I needed. He is selfless and completely genuine and I don't think anyone else could love me better than he does. He fills my empty spot to overflowing. He is the best decision of my life and is on the top of my list when I count my many blessings.
1 comment:
Love it. It totally sounds like you're sitting talking right in front of me. Keep them coming!
Post a Comment