
Okay, okay. I give in. Suddenly Facebook isn't enough, and I am ready to delve deep and get personal. This is my first official blog and I somehow feel quite at liberty to say whatever I feel like saying. I guess I am slightly self-concious as I realize that this isn't a journal that stays by my nightstand unopened by anyone else but me. No, this is a blog, floating out in cyber space waiting for someone to stumble upon and read. I have decided to disreagard this fact because the whole reason anyone begins a blog is to have a place where they can be themselves, and it would be a shame if I tried to fake everyone out, because then I would be faking myself out and one thing that I really want from my life is to be okay just being me. So no faking.
Life on Steck Street is going pretty well. It's composed of school, cooking, laundry, working, cleaning, and homeworking. Jonathan is very busy with school and sometimes spends 15 hours a day on campus. I really miss him when he is gone for so long. School for me isn't quite so demanding, but it isn't all peaches and cream either. I feel burnt out and so very ready to end this chapter in my life that I started so long ago. I keeping telling myself that I only have 7 months left, but that doesn't seem to help all that much. I am maintaining a crappy attitude about it, and while I try to be really positive by giving myself daily pep talks, I still find that school isn't as fulfilling as it used to be. I want to be grateful for where I am in my life, and I am trying to be, but sometimes its hard.
We live in a two bedroom duplex. It’s a cute little place, nice and homey and maybe slightly moldy as it was build more than half a century ago, but its nothing that a few candles (pumpkin pie is my favorite) and some febreeze air freshener can’t mask. Our living room is quite nice. We threw up some blue curtains and a unrolled a rug to match. The furniture is nice, though the couches sag and two people can’t really use them at the same time because they inevitably melt to the middle of the couch where their cheeks, arms, legs, and hair mesh together into an uncomfortable heap. Even with saggy couches, its pretty nice, and my favorite thing is that everything has its place.
The office is a slightly different story. The office is like a magnet for all things unwanted, outdated, and homeless to congregate and just sit there in a big heap. Our desks generally remain clean and tidy, but the small pile on the floor of “things to put away” grows rappidly into a pile that merrits the time of a Saturday afternoon project. Okay, maybe that is a bit dramatic - the pile is never really THAT big. It’s just that it always seems to be there, even after I have cleaned it and organized, it seems that it is only a matter of minutes before something creeps back to that black hole of the office. It seems like a never ending cycle and I desperatley want out. So if there is an office fairy, or perhaps a reasonably sized mote that is equipped with monters that thwart off clutter, I am highly interested in your services because I need my Feng Shui back!
My happy moment of the day was cuddling with Jonner during both sessions of conference. It was very nice. He smells so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment