
I love fall cleaning. I don't know what it is about leaves turning to rust and gold that makes me want to get rid of stuff. Maybe its mother natures way of inspiring me to get rid of the old, just as she does, in order to make room for something better.
I tackled my closet today. I vacuumed the floor, dusted shoes, arranged shoes, and got rid of shoes. I parted with shirts that I haven't worn in a few years as well as with a pair of jeans or two that I have been saving for...well...I am not sure for what. I find it odd that we can sometimes get so attached to some silly thing that really doesn't even matter. In ten years, or even tomorrow, I don't think I am going to care about the black jacket that I thought was perfect but never actually wore. People need to let go (of whatever they may be holding onto) so that they have room to invite in something better.
It now takes less effort to move my hanging clothes from side to side which makes getting dressed much faster. And the best part is that I get to say adios to two big bags of things that I don't really need in my life. Talk about liberating and refreshing!
1 comment:
Lol! As as I saw your title I went, "ew.." and then your first line is, I love fall cleaning!
I actually really like getting rid of stuff I don't need as well, but I can't be expected of forced to do it, it must come from within.
Your posts are so thoughtful, you're like my guru.
Post a Comment