Thursday, October 18, 2007

For Nat



To Nat and Brandon,
Here is my oh so famous bran muffin recipe. I hope that they turn out well and bring you many mornings of steaming muffins and melted butter. Enjoy!






Mix: 5 tsp. baking soda
2 cups hot water
Then add: 1 qt. buttermilk

Cream: 1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 T salt
After creaming, add the above mixture to the creamed mixture and mix again!

Now add: 5 cups flour
3 cups All-Bran cereal
2 cups Wheat-Bran cereal

Mix it all together, then bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. I use the brand name cereals - they seem to taste better. Also, the dough will last for 4-6 weeks if you keep it in the fridge. Bonus.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Can we just get those cereals at the regular store? I suspect we can. Can we freeze the dough? Anyway, THANK YOU especially on Brandon's behalf. We'll have to make those next time we go to the grocery store. Call me when you read the book, I want to talk about it with someone.

And I meant the car decorations, not your actual reception - those were beautiful.