The Unsinkable Molly Brown - This is an excellent musical starring Debbie Reynolds as Molly Brown. She pulls this character off really well and is incredibly interesting and entertaining during the whole movie. The movie is all about the real Molly Brown's life adventures of surviving the Colorado flood, striking it rich on accident, and almost sinking on the Titanic. Great movie - one of my favorites.
Little Women - the original 1949 version is also one of my favorites. Its about a family of women who are manning down the fort while their father is fighting in the Civil War. Each sister is unique and interesting, but the movie fallows the life of Jo, a passionate writer and want-to-be tomboy who struggles to fit the mold. Great actors, great plot, and a great movie.
Five Pennies - Who doesn't love Danny Kaye? This is a great movie about a Utah farm boy who seeks to make it big as a trumpet player. His rise to the top is filled with some great moments, but life never stays the same for too long. Life hands this trumpet player some hard lessons, but he comes out on top despite tough times. Really fun music and some good life lessons.
Twelve Angry Men - This is a great movie that keeps you interested without so much as leaving the one room that this movie was filmed in. It's about a jury of a murder trial that has to decide a verdict for a young boy who is easily labeled as a killer based on prejudice and stereotypes. Its a great movie with a lot of hidden messages inside. Very enjoyable.
2 comments:
My beautiful Kristen! Of course I remember you and I have actually been wondering how you are doing. I am so excited to see you have a blog! You are one of my favorite memories of my sophomore byu year. I'm linking to your page so that I can stay updated on your fabulous wife. You looked incredibly glamorous on your wedding day, and check out that hot man you snagged! So glad you left a comment. Well, thanks for making my day, carrot buddy!
Love, Kim
I've never seen any of these! I'm excited to go back to the library and check them out. We must chat soon.
Post a Comment