Monday, October 15, 2007

Disneyland

So I am pretty sure that Nat is the only person reading my blog. Not that there has been much to read as of late. I have been meaning to write, but this past week or so has been rather full of hustle and bustle. My in-laws came into town for my sister-in-laws graduation from Massage Therapy School. It was a good time, but I admit to being slightly depressed at the fact that now I have to actually pay for a massage. Sad day. It was good to see the family though.

While on an adventurous trip to Wal-mart last week, this old man (probably in his mid 80's) stops me as I am getting the last item on my list. He greeted me with "Hey there tall girl," and I assumed that he wanted me to reach an item on the shelf as he was riding one of those shopping scooters. Oh how wrong I was in making that assumption. Instead he told me some joke that made no sense to me and proceded to hand me this packet of jokes that he had compiled. So then I am thinking, "Oh, how nice, this old man is spreading cheer to the world." Once again - bad assumption. He then placed in my hands a book that he had written. I was then thinking, "Wow, this guy is really generous." Yeah, not so much. After all of this, he asked me to pay him for the stuff he had just forced into my hands. This was quite awkward as I couldn't very well pay him with my debit card and I didn't want to spend our hard earned cash on his packet of jokes and his book. I told him that I couldn't pay him for it and he explained that he had 8 adopted children that he had to support (last time I checked social services doesn't adopt children to 80 year old men). I again said I was sorry for not being able to pay him and he barked at me to give him his stuff back and then he went on his way. Needless to say the whole experience was quite unpleasant and awkward. So much for thinking that he was just trying to spread some cheer in Wal-mart.


I really want to go to Disneyland. I figure that if we don't go before we have kids, it will be 10 or more years before we get to go and I don't think I can wait that long. The last time I went to Disneyland I was a senior in high school, which was about 5 years ago, and I am ready for another trip to the magical world of Disney. I want to ride splash mountian, pirates of the carabian, indiana jones, space mountaing, thunder mountain railroad, etc. and eat huge chocolate covered strawberries and decitantly dipped carmeled apples. Is it lame that I want to go to Disneyland so badly? Perhaps I will give myself a trip to Disneyland as a graduation present this April. Or maybe I can convince someone else to give me a Disneyland trip for graduation - that would be ideal. Either way, watch out Disneyland, cause here I come!




1 comment:

Nat said...

I do read your blog! and you can imagine my excitement at seeing another post. So I totally want to go to Disneyland too!!!! Let's go together!!!! Hurrah!

Also, your story is proof yet again why no one should ever step into a Wal-mart, no matter how inexpensive the prices or how enticing the smell of McDonald's fries.