Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 19


Day 19


I made homemade whole wheat bread today. It looks a tad funny because I only have two bread pans and there was really enough dough for three loaves instead of just two, so the bread has a bit of a muffin top as I didn't want to waste good dough. It is so much better than store bought bread and I need to make it much more often because it is really quite easy. A lot of people are afraid of baking bread. They shouldn't be. This took me all of 15 minutes (plus 10 minutes of kneading that my Bosch mixer did for me) and I even had a slightly cranky baby because mom was making bread right when hunger struck.

It tastes amazing and the house smells like wholesome goodness and love.

1 comment:

Erin Curtis said...

Next time you have too much dough use the extra to make rolls. Just let them rise a bit longer than you would bread. Or, shape the loaf the right size to put in the pan, wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze immediately. Let it defrost and rise in your pan like you would Rhodes dough and you'll have that same wonderful fresh bread scent in your home another day.