Thursday, January 7, 2010

Title-less

I thought I might start writing again on my 25th birthday, but I didn't.

Then I thought that blogging would begin on December 19th as it was the one year anniversary of my back surgery. So glad that is over and done with. But no blogging happened then either.

And surely the new year is the perfect time to throw a new post out into the world wide web, but I was too busy making a quilt and enjoying the last moments of Christmas break.

And today, though there is no special reason or occasion to do so, I am blogging. It feels good, I guess, but I have to admit that I am a tad apprehensive to start blogging again. Let me explain. I think blogs are fine and dandy for giving anyone who is interested an update of the goings and comings of your life, and up until now that has been the main purpose of my blog. And my life has some interesting things to offer and I am sure that there are a few people that like to hear the latest, but talking about myself isn't really all that fulfilling or meaningful.

So now I have to figure out what this blog will be all about. Will it only serve my narcissistic inclinations (as I believe anyone who blogs does indeed possess)? Or will it be of service to others and to myself? I think the latter seems worth pursuing. So the dilemma is determining how to use a little blog to serve someone else.

When I think of the blogs that I enjoy reading - not because there are juicy details, but because they are edifying, interesting, inspiring, and useful - I think of people that are honest, realistic, and true to themselves. I guess it makes sense then, that I should attempt to do the same and perhaps a clearer purpose will reveal itself as I keep on bloggin'.

I think I will try this out again tomorrow and see how it goes. Until then, I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying this new year. And if you have any ideas on what the heck I should write about or focus on, your input would be appreciated.

Much love,
Kristin

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Kristin--you are such an interesting person with such vivid thoughts and desires. I would love to hear about what you're thinking and what you're learning from these experiences life brings.

I just remembered a poem:

You never know when someone
may catch a dream from you,
You never know when a little word,
or something you may do,
May open up the windows
of a mind that seeks the light.
The way you live may
not matter at all,
but then again, it might.

(As far as I know, that's an anonymous author.)

Anyway--my point being that you have wonderful thoughts, feelings, no matter how self-centered they may (or may not) be. Please share them freely!

torri said...

It was good to hear from you again! I sure have missed you guys in our ward! I agree with you about the blog thing--I've been realizing that I've become very selfish and I don't like how blog posts seem to focus a lot on "look at me and what I've done."
I would love to hear what blogs that you find inspiring and uplifting, etc!

Alisha Stamper said...

i'll love anything you write because i think you're worthwhile.... how about you just have it be a blog of photographs of you.... by me! hahahaha! that would certainly fit the narcissitic goal! I would also LOVE LOVE to photograph you soon. wanna come up to SL? can you? how's your back, eh? fill me in, would love to get a good shoot in before the baby!

Melissa said...

You're back! Yay!! I, for one, was very happy to see "Steck Street" show up on my google reader this morning. Blogging does indeed have its negative aspects. But in the end, it's just a blog- and I will love yours no matter what you write, because it's a little bit of you. And I miss you. (Better yet, let's forgo our virtual contact and actually get together in person. How about a trip to the midwest, eh?)