Saturday, January 30, 2010

CHANGE

Okay peeps,

I know I got people all excited about my announcement, but I have decided that I am not quite ready to make it. Life happened and I am going to postpone my new blog idea until some things settle. Sorry to get you all jazzed up over it... but I promise to let you know when I am ready to make the announcement for reals.

In other news, I got a job!!! Woot! Woot! I am very excited about this for several reasons:
1]. I am finally healthy enough to work part time and then some. This is the best part.
2]. I got a job in this economy which is a big blessing and a good ego boost.
3]. I will actually be applying what I learned in college. My parents are very glad that my 5 year degree is being put to good use, and so am I. Cause I really didn't want to be stuck in an office.
4]. The people I work with are really amazing.
5]. I get to help people and make a difference.

I am now employed at the Center for Change in Orem. It is a facility that treats women with eating disorders. They have inpatient and outpatient treatment but my job as a care technician will be to help the inpatient patients. I will be there to enforce the center guidelines and ensure safety, chart progress, and mainly be there for moral support and an example of healthy life skills and eating. I am so excited. I have gone to some training meetings and my first training shift will be this Monday morning at 6:45 AM. And I am actually really excited for it. Wish me luck.

I have more updates up my sleeve, but I will have to leave those until later because Jonner and I are headed to the gym. Well we actually go to different gyms, so we are headed to the gyms. =) More to come later.

Much love,
Kristin

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I can't wait to hear all about how you love your job!