I am not very good at it anymore. I got older and I started to care what others thought and I was worried about grown up things like boys, grades, and friends.
Then I got even older and I slowly became consumed by all the things that keep us so busy in life (family, school, work, church, taking care of our bodies, cooking, cleaning, etc.) and I forgot to make time to create something. It wasn't important enough to make time for it. I forgot that it was valuable.
And when my body started feeling much older than it is, I couldn't even fathom being a creator because it hurt too much to just be. When I look back over my shoulder at the past two years I can tell you that there was a lot of gray and black and vague smudges of discomfort and frustration. Such conditions are not conducive to creation.
I am feeling better now - not completely whole - but better, and I am starting to see colors again and the gray smudges are fading away. I think its the perfect time to reacquaint myself with the creator within. I've got good things inside of me and I should share them. You should too.
Come back to see the results.
Much love,
Kristin
P.S. I found this inspiring quote by my favorite author and thought you might be inspired to never let your fire go out:
"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark
in the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, &
the not at all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in
lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have
never been able to reach. The world you desire can
be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. It is yours."
the not at all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in
lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have
never been able to reach. The world you desire can
be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. It is yours."
~ Ayn Rand
2 comments:
Can't wait for those results! I have always associated you with bright colors...I look forward to seeing them shining through you again!
Boy can I sympathize..I have had what sounds like a similar experience over the past few years, and it's been rough. I'm thrilled to have emerged on the other side {which coincided almost exactly with my 25th birthday in October, oddly enough} and things are looking so good. I hope you are able to find your way back to a creative, happier place!!
Post a Comment