Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hiatus

I am taking a hiatus. I know there aren't many people who read about my little Steck Street, but for those of you who do. . .

I am going to be gone for a while so that I can recreate myself. Well, I will still be me, but a better me. I have been lying on the couch for a long time and part of me - lots of parts of me - have atrophied and become dormant. It is time to wake up those parts of me and strengthen and revive what is left. It's going to take a while.

In all honestly I am not sure how I am going to go about doing this. But I do have a few ideas. All I know is that my flame is barley flickering and that makes me sad and a bit angry because i am a woman that was born with a bright flame. My oil has run out and I am on a mission to find the oil that I need to reignite that flame.

When I come back (whenever that may be), I am going to be a happier, healthier, stronger woman than I have ever been. I know this because I know that God loves me. Not just that He loves the human race, but that He really love ME. And I know that He is going to help me find my oil so that I can be that flame that He wants me to be - that I want me to be.

I am inspired by this quote that I found I Nie Nie's blog:

There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire,
which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which
kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.

-Washington Irving

I have been in my own dark hour of adversity, and I am ready to beam and blaze again. Until then. . .


6 comments:

Amanda said...

I know that you have been in dark times before. Perhaps not so dark as you have experienced this time around, but it was still dark. And, I know that you've come out of those times more radiant and shining than ever. This is just one more opportunity to polish you up a little more and make your glow even brighter. I know that your Heavenly Father loves you and is SO aware of you. I look forward to hearing about what you've acheived when you come back. :)

Jess said...

I'm glad I still get to see you at church.
Enjoy your break!

mathistown said...

You will be missed! But I TOTALLY feel ya; I've been in that place and it is not a good feeling. Best wishes for a speedy spiritual and physical recovery! :)

Unknown said...

I love you.
You know that.
I'll come visit you soon.

Alisha Stamper said...

hey mama. i love you. and i'm calling you. for real.

Nat said...

will this be a madonna-type reinvention? if so, i'm excited to see the results. even if it's not, take luck! you know we're rooting for ya.