Jonathan didn't get under the covers until 3 AM this morning. He was downstairs working hard on finishing the final piece of the nursery's changing table. I ran out of steam just before 1 AM and left him to finish the project. It is completely endearing how much he cares about the nursery. He is making everything as perfect as possible and he has come up with so many great ideas. Like this one:
Turning this boring, plain, wooden IKEA bin:

into... this:

He worked his magic on three additional bins to create the brightest, most cheerful row of storage I have ever seen:

Here is the completed changing table courtesy of IKEA (table, drawers, bins, and pink lamp), Anthropologie (blue knobs), Free Spirit fabrics (Kumari Garden collection), Target (yellow storage bin), and quite a lot of elbow grease supplied mostly by Jonathan. Turns out that furniture assembly when you are 8+ months pregnant with sciatic nerve pain isn't the best idea. Thank goodness I married a handy-man husband!
I totally L-O-V-E it.
Next step is to hang the artwork that will go above the changing table, but we are waiting on two items from Etsy before we can tackle that project.
We might need a nap too.
I'll be back soon with more updates!
Much love,
Tin
Turning this boring, plain, wooden IKEA bin:
into... this:
He worked his magic on three additional bins to create the brightest, most cheerful row of storage I have ever seen:
Here is the completed changing table courtesy of IKEA (table, drawers, bins, and pink lamp), Anthropologie (blue knobs), Free Spirit fabrics (Kumari Garden collection), Target (yellow storage bin), and quite a lot of elbow grease supplied mostly by Jonathan. Turns out that furniture assembly when you are 8+ months pregnant with sciatic nerve pain isn't the best idea. Thank goodness I married a handy-man husband!
Next step is to hang the artwork that will go above the changing table, but we are waiting on two items from Etsy before we can tackle that project.
We might need a nap too.
Much love,
Tin
3 comments:
Very, very cute!!
I bought the same bins from Ikea to use in a storage shelf in my nursery. Did you cover the fronts with paper or fabric? And how did you do it?
Post a Comment