Still pregnant. Very, very pregnant.
I finally feel ready for this little lady to make her debut. We are mostly settled into our new house (the office will have to wait). We finally installed the car seat, the nursery is mostly done (as done as it is going to be for a while), and our freezer is stock piled with 20+ meals that I made as a gift for myself to survive the first few months of motherhood. Most of the important things are checked off the list so we are okay if she shows up later today.
Maybe we will get lucky.
My low back has had a pinched nerve for the past 2.5 weeks and my pregnant body is having a hard time getting around and doing much which frustrates me because there are still things I would like to get done. It is the reason for my recent breakdown over not being able to fit between our chair and bookshelf so that I could plug my charger into an outlet and was then perpetuated by the fact that I can't make the Mac 'n' Cheese I was really craving because we are out of milk because I never made it to the grocery store today as I was barely able to hobble my way out of Target and get myself into the car.
Thankfully Jonathan decided to work from home today and just happens to be the most understanding and compassionate husband on the planet. He wiped up my puddle of tears and is out getting milk for me as I write this. Hopefully all this hobbling and pain will resolve itself once this basketball I have in front of me is no longer there. =)
Check out my swollen feet. Cankles and sausage toes are not so attractive, but we have enjoyed making fun of how silly my feet look. At least my pedicure looks good. =)
He is seriously the best handyman. Love him.
Working on the nursery some more....
I am feeling pretty calm about becoming a mom. I have decided to surrender to the process and journey that we are about to start and that has helped calm my nerves. There is no sense in letting the uptight, planning, worrier side of myself take over - so I am trying to just go with it.
3 days to go until the due date. Here's to hoping my next post is sooner than later and that it has some really good news!
Much love,
Tin
5 comments:
You are looking waaaay too gorgeous to be that pregnant! :) I can't wait to see your cute girl!
hi babe! you look beautiful. I love what you wrote about trusting the process. God is amazing and I love that we as women have this chance to see ourselves and his creation truthfully. Focusing on the eternal is what got me through both of my kids' births without any interventions. You will be such a great mom. Gosh, I'm super happy for you!
oh, p.s. my 2nd was 8 days late. I was stressed but my midwife told me (and I'm so grateful for this) that I didn't know who she was talking to in heaven, who was giving her last minute advice or final gifts, etc, and that I didn't want to rush her singular experience into mortality. It resonated with me. So if you go over, keep calm. Your baby will come.
Well, you look AMAZING! But those days of feeling as big as a house are not much fun. My feet were very swollen with my first--I don't know if you remember, but I wore slippers to work for the last month. Hang in there! This phase won't last much longer and then you'll have a sweet tiny person to snuggle!
Not just very pregnant, but very CUTE pregnant. No mistaking that. If you need any more milk when Jonner is busy, or mango sticky rice, or anything for that matter, I'm just a few streets away.
Happy estimated baby arrival day. Think of each day until she comes as an extra gift of time with just you and your husband because it won't be that way again for a few more decades.
Post a Comment