Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

I recently purchased Walt Disney's classic tale, Sleeping Beauty, and let me just say that I love it just as much now as I did when I first saw it.

Prince Philip is as charming, handsome, and brave as ever.

Princess Aurora still has hair of gold and lips red as the rose.



The fairies still have the best of intentions.

And Maleficent still oozes evil. She is also still my favorite bad guy in the Disney line up.

I think that everyone should reconnect with their childhood from time to time (that is if you liked your childhood). Adulthood comes with a great many freedoms and blessings, but it also comes with a lot of heavy responsibilities and I think that we all need a healthy way to escape from it all. Sleeping Beauty is one of my escapes. So thank you Mr. Disney for keeping me grounded while also reminding me that life really is magical - and thanks for doing it in just 90 minutes.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh man..I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I forgot how much I love it until I bought it for BRinlee, which, it is a good thing you bought it because its the last time they are releasing it (at least on DVD)... so twas a good purchase for you! And... fantastic news about your back!!! I know Dr. King and saw him when I needed treatment in UT--Valton King and his brother. I was happy with their services... good luck with your therapy!