Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My little Pal

I made strawberry shortcake not long ago and brought it to a family dinner for dessert. It was a pretty big hit, but no one was as enthusiastic about that cake as my sweet nephew, Taylor, was. His mom tells the story best on her blog and I thought I would barrow her words and pictures to really get the point across:
"After quickly downing his slice of strawberry shortcake and eating all of Dad’s strawberries (which were freely donated by Reed, who admittedly enjoys the shortcake and cream infinitely more than the fruit), Taylor was dismayed to find that there was no more shortcake left in the room . . . except for on Kristin’s plate, which had just been replenished with a second helping. Taylor’s eyes scanned the room mournfully, then lit up with desire when he spied Kristin’s plate. With a sly smile he calmly crossed the room and sat down next to Kristin. No subtlety here! Kristin, being the wonderful aunt she is, obliged to share the last piece. Taylor is quite possibly the youngest and most enthusiastic fan of Aunt Kristin’s baking." (See Erin's blog)

1 comment:

Nat said...

I love that your quoted the Erin's blog and then put a reference. it's true, I miss your baking.