Friday, March 2, 2012

Be Free!

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about the people that I admire and trying to determine why I admire those individuals.  We often admire people when they have a skill or quality that we ourselves desire, but may lack.  Turns out that I admire people that are authentic and true to themselves.  I have a hard time being myself sometimes because I have this crazy, self-imposed fear of what others might think of me if I do, or say, or wear, or act this way or that way.  I CARE TOO MUCH.

I admire people that don't care.

I don't admire people who don't care about other peoples feelings, but I do admire people that can be kind to others but who can also be truthful and real.  I admire people who don't base their choices on whether or not the people in their lives will approve of those choices.

I am trying to stop caring about what you think.  I'm all for advice and hearing other people out, but I need to do a better job of speaking out and being myself.

It would be nice to be mostly free from worrying about what others think.  I don't always care what other people think of me - especially if it is something that I am really secure with, but if I am insecure about something, I tend to worry about what others will think way to much.  I am not quite sure why, but it is something about myself that I want to give up and move on from.  It's time to be free and just be me.

So screw you if you don't like what I have to say.

JUST KIDDING.  I'll be myself AND try to be considerate.   =)

No comments: