Aloha! It is time for the Hawaii post! We had such a blast spending time with grandma and grandpa and soaking up the sun. Thank you for such a generous and amazing birthday trip!
- OAHU -
Arriving in Honolulu. We survived six hours on a plan with an eight month old!
How much luggage does it take to get four adults and one baby to Hawaii? More than we thought it would. =) (Note how our stuff is equal to G&G's stuff. Granted, grandpa packed his diving gear).
Jonner bought me a Plumeria. They are so pretty. Wish we could grow them here.
What a cheese ball.
So sad this turned out slightly blurry, cause I think this picture is hilarious. She was excited to be in HI.
Went to church in Honolulu and randomly ran into my old freshman RA from BYU. Small world. Smiley Kylie wasn't very smiley because she was long overdue for a nap.
He loves her so much.
We went to a lookout point to check out Oahu. It was gorgeous and ridiculously windy. Kylie loved it...mostly.
Beautiful.
I love her cute little tongue.
Worst picture ever of us. Ick. But it was fun to see the Temple and BYU-HI because my mom went there for a semester and dated a guy named Mapui. He proposed to her, but she said no. Moral of the story? I could have been tan, but she married my dad instead. Good thing, cause they are perfect for each other.
Don't judge me. I only let her have one. Okay, two. I will never eat at McDonalds again (well, maybe once in a blue moon). Seriously, there food is not good for you. But there marketing is great, cause that little box of fries is standing next to their regular sized fries. It was too cute not to let her have one.
Hanauma Bay. Great snorkeling there. We saw lots of fish and a turtle.
Just the three of us. We can make it if we try! Just the three of us... oh.....la de da da daaaaaa. Come on, sing along.
Kylie LOVES the ocean. LOVES it.
The Neon Twins.
Pushing that stroller and 24 pounds of baby up a steep hill proved to be more challenging than I anticipated. I have got to work out more.
But we did make it to the top.
But we did make it to the top.
Grandma and Grandpa!
She woke up with the worst bed head she has ever had. And she was adorable.
Kylie also LOVES swimming pools. LOVES them.
Jonner loves being a daddy. Spending time with Kylie was his favorite part of the trip. Spending 24/7 with him and with Kylie was mine.
- Maui -
- Maui -
"What? You already have the camera out. Silly me."
We took a catamaran to Turtle Point (Olowalu) and went snorkeling. Kylie did so well on the boat and had a great time exploring, naping, and splashing in the ocean. She sat out for the snorkeling.
Love this picture.
Such a great dad.
And such a great husband. I mean, check him out. No wait, don't do that. Just know that he is awesome.
The closest thing we have to a picture with all of us. It is sad, but true. We failed to get a single picture with all of us in it. You live and learn.
This makes me laugh.
Awww. So sweet.
Yeah, we look hot. The snorkeling here was AMAZING. It was the perfect day. Perfect weather, 100 feet of visibility under water, really calm water. The crew says they see a day like that once ever 8 weeks. It was phenomenal and the turtles were everywhere. one of my favorite things of the trip.
Splashing in the ocean. I had to hold on tight because she was so excited about the water.
And bonus, we saw dozens of whales breeching and spouting and waving their tales. That was pretty amazing.
We wore her out. On several occasions, but she was the happiest baby even when she was tired. We are super lucky.
We went zip-lining. It was pretty rad.
There I am, being all adventurous. It was actually a lot less thrilling than I hoped it would be, but our guides were awesome and it was still fun.
Another favorite was getting Hawaiian Shave Ice at Ululani's in Lanai.
It was AMAZING. Jonner and his dad had never had shave ice before. I am glad that we able to educate them.
It was AMAZING. Jonner and his dad had never had shave ice before. I am glad that we able to educate them.
Kylie loved the stuff. Even babies deserve a vacation from their normal diets at home. =)
Aww.
Again, Kylie was done for the day.
Still can't believe she is my daughter. We are beyond blessed.
Our hotel view. Not too shabby.
I wish I had a better picture of this double rainbow but they were taken from a moving car. We were feeling kind of sad for ourselves as we drove to the airport to head home because the vacation was over. But in a last minute effort to impress us, mother nature pulled out all the stops with the most vibrant and low to the ground double rainbow I have ever seen. The vacation wasn't quite over after all.














2 comments:
I love that you got to enjoy Hawaii! Looks like you had a great time! I'm jealous that you got to see the turtles when you went snorkeling. We were supposed to go there, but the visibility was bad--so we didn't get to. Oh well. Just means we have to go back. :)
You have so many great photos here! Looks like you all had a blast. I love that Kylie has a huge grin in the photo where you work to push her up the hill. Hilar.
Post a Comment