Whilst putting the veggies in with the pot roast I smashed a dinner plate by dropping a bottle of worcestershire sauce onto it (from three feet above) and then I really broke it as I put the worcestershire sauce back on the top shelf of the cupboard and a bottle of chipotle sauce got shoved off the shelf and smashed into the plate - the second smashing 45 seconds after the first.
Both bottles were perfectly fine.
Both bottles were perfectly fine.
It was pretty awesome. I laughed pretty hard.
Stuff like that used to fluster me, but now I laugh about it. It is a much better way to live. Though I would have been ticked if my beautiful roast had been ruined by shards of a Pier 1 porcelain plate. Cause I have people to feed at 4:30 and no back up plan.
Luckily all the food was safely in the pan and hiding under the lid. I think a cooking angel prompted me to cover the food right before I remembered the worcestershire sauce.
Dinner will still be served. And it will be awesome.
(My roast is still in the oven, but it will be just as fantastic).We are moving in FIVE days. Like, really moving. Not just for the summer, but for realsies - as in we aren't coming back to P-town because we are moving to a different, bigger, more awesome P-town.
This is all very strange, but very very exciting.
This semester from HELL, as we at the Steck household have dubbed it, needs to be over so that I can have my husband back so that we can move away so that we can find a new place to live (maybe a house!?) so that we (he) can be start a new job so that we can have a baby and be the most awesome parents ever. Or at least try our best to be.
It's a lot of good change, and I am sincerely looking forward to it all.
May your dinners be delicious tonight and your china remain intact.
Much love,
Tin
2 comments:
I wish you the best of luck with your move. It can be such a beast--especially in the middle of winter. And hopefully, the weather gods smile upon you. Instead of dumping record amounts of snow the day before you move. (Which is how it worked out for us 2 years ago.) And, I'm glad you'll be in the new P-Town. Just one more reason for me to head down that way!
Good luck finishing school! And moving! And house-hunting! And having a freaking baby!! (Jeez, you guys have enough on your plate?)
Post a Comment