As of today I am officially unemployed. Here is what went down.
Last Thursday I woke up with some discomfort in my low back. By Thursday afternoon it was becoming fairly painful to sit at my desk. Friday was worse and Saturday (we had to work the weekend) was even harder.
I spent the rest of Saturday resting in my therapeutic chair and taking it easy, but when Sunday rolled around I was in even more pain and I could only make it through sacrament meeting. Monday was no better and I stayed home from work. Today I went into work to talk things over with my boss and we both decided that my health is paramount and that it would be best if I end my temp job a few weeks early.
My back pain is back. I don't know why or how it happened but it feels like I have re-herniated my disc because my back feels worse now than it did before I had surgery. Not good news.
Because I am pregnant there is very little that can be done for me. Tylenol is the only pain killer I can take and it doesn't provide any relief. I can't get any tests done to see what is going on, and I can't have any treatments like steroid injections either. It looks like I am going to have to manage my pain through stretches, massage, and lots of rest.
I had a small meltdown on Sunday night as I realized that I am facing another bout of back problems. Thankfully I have an amazing husband who listened patiently and gave me some good advice and encouragement. He reminded me that we knew I might have serious back problems while pregnant and that we decided that having kids would be worth that risk. We have access to great medical care, lots of friends and family that love us, and the resources to manage this. He also reminded me that I have been through this before and that I have what it takes to face it again.
He is right and I have felt calm and peaceful ever since. Even though it is very painful to move, difficult to walk, and I am constantly in pain, I know that it is going to be okay and it will be worth it when I hold this baby in my arms come April!
When Jonathan mentioned my bright attitude this morning I told him that I could either be miserable and grumpy or miserable and happy. We laughed at the contradiction, but I really mean it. I am going to make the most of it and try my best to enjoy these next months. Keep me in your prayers and I will keep you updated!
Much love,
Tin
Last Thursday I woke up with some discomfort in my low back. By Thursday afternoon it was becoming fairly painful to sit at my desk. Friday was worse and Saturday (we had to work the weekend) was even harder.
I spent the rest of Saturday resting in my therapeutic chair and taking it easy, but when Sunday rolled around I was in even more pain and I could only make it through sacrament meeting. Monday was no better and I stayed home from work. Today I went into work to talk things over with my boss and we both decided that my health is paramount and that it would be best if I end my temp job a few weeks early.
My back pain is back. I don't know why or how it happened but it feels like I have re-herniated my disc because my back feels worse now than it did before I had surgery. Not good news.
Because I am pregnant there is very little that can be done for me. Tylenol is the only pain killer I can take and it doesn't provide any relief. I can't get any tests done to see what is going on, and I can't have any treatments like steroid injections either. It looks like I am going to have to manage my pain through stretches, massage, and lots of rest.
I had a small meltdown on Sunday night as I realized that I am facing another bout of back problems. Thankfully I have an amazing husband who listened patiently and gave me some good advice and encouragement. He reminded me that we knew I might have serious back problems while pregnant and that we decided that having kids would be worth that risk. We have access to great medical care, lots of friends and family that love us, and the resources to manage this. He also reminded me that I have been through this before and that I have what it takes to face it again.
He is right and I have felt calm and peaceful ever since. Even though it is very painful to move, difficult to walk, and I am constantly in pain, I know that it is going to be okay and it will be worth it when I hold this baby in my arms come April!
When Jonathan mentioned my bright attitude this morning I told him that I could either be miserable and grumpy or miserable and happy. We laughed at the contradiction, but I really mean it. I am going to make the most of it and try my best to enjoy these next months. Keep me in your prayers and I will keep you updated!
Much love,
Tin
5 comments:
You're definitely one who is good at having a positive attitude. Way to keep it up!
when i was pregnant with my 2 boys i had really bad back pain also hopefully it will pass when this little bundle comes. lots of prayers and rest should help.
Wow that really sucks purple weenies. Big time. Wish I could be there to make you chicken soup and watch chick flicks and generally take your mind off your back-ness.
Oh, Kristin, I am so sorry your pain is back. I can TOTALLY understand your meltdown, but I'm glad you're back in the saddle again, and I know you can do it, too! As untrue as this feels sometimes, we are NEVER given more than we can handle. Heavenly Father just believes in us a lot more than we believe in ourselves sometimes. YOU CAN DO IT!
Blerg. I'm so sorry to hear about your back pain. Hopefully it goes away soon. You're at the point where your body is in overdrive trying to get ready for this baby. Hopefully it's temporary. But think of how amazing you are for being to handle back pain AND make a baby. Go you!
Post a Comment