Jonathan and I had to make a change of plans for this years Thanksgiving. He has so much school work to finish by the end of the year (16 credits of 400 and 500 level engineering classes plus one graduate course is a HEAVY load) that he felt he could not justify taking time off for his favorite holiday. Poor guy. But an awesome guy!
We canceled our flight to Portland and talked about what we should do instead. I offered to make a small turkey dinner at home but it was decided that it would be better if I went home with my brothers and spent Thanksgiving in Boise while he remained in Provo and focused on school (I'd probably be more of a distraction than anything else anyway). I drove him nuts asking over and over again if it was really okay to leave and he assured me that it was. I wanted to help him through the week while I am gone so I spent all day cooking yesterday to stock the fridge full of homemade meals to sustain him. I wrote him a love note, packed my bags for Boise, and kissed him goodbye.
My brothers and I left this morning with high hopes that we could avoid the worst of the much talked about winter storm. Instead, the BLIZZARD found us and it took 9 hours to drive a route that usually only takes us 5 1/2 hours. We missed all of the road closures on I-84 by about 10 minutes, and we are glad that we got through it and didn't end up stuck along the snowy road in the middle of the storm. It was a long and scary drive, but we took it slow, along with everyone else - sometimes going 5 MPH - and managed to arrive home safe and sound. Here is what our adventure looked like...
And we lived to tell the tale and Jackson was thrilled to have all his siblings home again. So that he and Dillon could do loving things like this.... I have no idea what is going on there.
I am glad that we made it safely. Thank you Heavenly Father! It will be a good memory to talk about for years to come. I am even thinking of making t-shirts for us that say,
'I Survived the Blizzard of 2o1o'
to celebrate our survival.
The only thing that would make it perfect is if my Jonner Bear were here with me.
Hope your travels have been safe and sound as well!
Tin
1 comment:
Oh My Gosh- that pic of Brandon is cracking me up.
Post a Comment