Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's Official!


In January we are moving to Portland again!!!

Jonathan accepted a full time job with NVIDIA, the company that he interned with this summer. They handed him a great offer during his exit interview which was totally unexpected, but we are so grateful for it! It's the perfect job as he will be doing what he enjoys most - computer architecture, and the company is a great fit for him as well.
We are so excited! I have to admit that I was pulling for a job in Boise, but this really feels right and I am genuinely excited to move to Portland. When I was young and my family would drive through Portland on family vacations I would imagine myself living among all the green trees - now that is coming true!

Jonathan is still very interested in obtaining his Masters degree, so the plan is to work for a few years and then take a break from working so that he can pursue more education. Working will be a great opportunity for him to decide on exactly what area he would like to focus on whether it be an engineering degree, an MBA, or maybe something else!

I am SO grateful to be married to such a smart, hard working, ambitious, kind, funny, loving, good looking guy. My husband totally rocks. I feel so blessed.


4 comments:

Amanda said...

And you will only be 3 hours from me! :) That is great news! Isn't it nice to be able to plan a little into the future again? Congratulations to both of you!

Melissa said...

Congrats guys! Jonathan must have really rocked their socks off to get an offer so early. (Not that I'm surprised.) How nice to have a firm grip on your future. Portland is so beautiful... I'm looking forward to many trips there to see you!

Nat said...

That's so great! The great reasons to go to Portland keep stacking up. It's so nice to have that hurdle over with. PS Excited for your visit!!!!

mcewen16 said...

Congrats! If/When I leave Boise, Portland is in my top 5 cities I would consider moving to. It is a cool place! Hope the job and everything else turn out really well for you. So exciting!