I am taking a break from the pain that is unpacking and eating a late lunch of bruschetta. Toasted french bread topped with roma tomatoes, basil, garlic, and sprinkled with olive oil and the best balsamic vinegar which I discovered at my mother in laws this summer - it is from Costco of all places. A 1 liter bottle for just $10.99. You should pick some up -it is so worth it.
I am basically in Heaven.
I was going to take a picture of what Heaven looks like, but it has all been consumed. Next time maybe.
Our new place is really nice. Minus the steep stairs we have to traverse with loads of groceries - it is really a great fit for us. A perfect place to live for four months. And it is so nice to only have to worry about unpacking a few essentials instead of all of our stuff.
Which reminds me of how much stuff we actually have. I was just writing to my sister-in-law about how great it was last year to get rid of things and I was feeling pretty proud of our progress to live more simply with less stuff. Then we opened the storage unit and I wanted to cry. All I could think was, 'SERIOUSLY? Is all of this really ours?'
And it is.
And I think we both wanted to run away.
Instead of running though, we have decided to spend the next four months getting rid of a lot more stuff. We just don't want it or need it. We would rather be free from it. So that is what our date nights will be filled with for a while. I think I will be brave and try to document our progress to remind us of what too much stuff feels like and to encourage others to live more simply.
Wish us luck. It will be a project, but we love getting rid of things so it will be fun!
In other news, I am still looking for a job, Jonathan got a job as a TA which he is really excited about, and both my brothers are in town - we plan to have lots of fun with them.
Hope the end of your summer was great and that the beginning of your fall is even better.
Much love,
Tin
I am basically in Heaven.
I was going to take a picture of what Heaven looks like, but it has all been consumed. Next time maybe.
Our new place is really nice. Minus the steep stairs we have to traverse with loads of groceries - it is really a great fit for us. A perfect place to live for four months. And it is so nice to only have to worry about unpacking a few essentials instead of all of our stuff.
Which reminds me of how much stuff we actually have. I was just writing to my sister-in-law about how great it was last year to get rid of things and I was feeling pretty proud of our progress to live more simply with less stuff. Then we opened the storage unit and I wanted to cry. All I could think was, 'SERIOUSLY? Is all of this really ours?'
And it is.
And I think we both wanted to run away.
Instead of running though, we have decided to spend the next four months getting rid of a lot more stuff. We just don't want it or need it. We would rather be free from it. So that is what our date nights will be filled with for a while. I think I will be brave and try to document our progress to remind us of what too much stuff feels like and to encourage others to live more simply.
Wish us luck. It will be a project, but we love getting rid of things so it will be fun!
In other news, I am still looking for a job, Jonathan got a job as a TA which he is really excited about, and both my brothers are in town - we plan to have lots of fun with them.
Hope the end of your summer was great and that the beginning of your fall is even better.
Much love,
Tin
No comments:
Post a Comment