Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Things I do not understand

I like to think that I am a pretty open-minded person and I try my best to always give people the benefit of the doubt but there are some things that I just don't understand and that drive me a little bonkers.

Like Utah drivers. Why in the heck do they think that a red light means they still have 1.5-3 seconds to turn? People generally don't blatantly run red lights when driving straight through the intersection, but there is almost always someone running a red light when turning left. It is like they feel like they put in there time waiting for there turn to turn and thus feel entitled to turn when it is legally NOT THEIR TURN! (...um that was a bit confusing). Stop making illegal and dangerous turns people. Not smart. And I just don't get it.

Texting while driving. All I will say about this (because I have strong opinions on the matter and could talk a lot about it) is that you have to be a COMPLETE IDIOTIC, ARROGANT, MORON to text and drive. Even if you think you only do it at stop lights or signs. You are still a MORON. It is so stupid. I really want to get a bumper sticker that says...
"Honk if you love Jesus. Text and drive if you want to meet Him!"
So please, don't be a COMPLETE IDIOTIC, ARROGANT, MORON.

I don't understand women who ware high heels to the grocery store, shopping, and on the job when the job does not require them. Ouch. Heels are for three hours at church and special occasions. Trust me, buying milk and eggs is a much more pleasant experience when you are closer to the ground.

Really tight clothes. Gross. That just looks so uncomfortable and it's usually not so flattering.

Why a brand name can make a thin, distressed tank top cost over $100. What the heck? Really? Who buys that?

Why shoe companies make half sizes up to a 9 1/2 but only move up in whole sizes from 10 and up. Cause sometimes I really need a 10 1/2 and more often I need an 11 1/2. Why do they assume that your feet will grow in only whole sizes after a certain point?

Why some people think it is okay to keep talking to their coworker when you are clearly in need of assistance and instead of doing their job they to pretend not to see you. Annoying.

Why I agreed to work a Friday night shift and a Saturday morning shift this weekend. What was I thinking? I'm probably going to get home around 12:00 am and have to get up at 5:00. Sigh...

Peace out. And Happy St. Pats day.

Tin


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha! I would have added "intellectual snobbery" and "moral superiority" to my list of annoying things the world throws at me, but otherwise you nailed it.

Unknown said...

Amen, and amen.

Courtney said...

You had me at Utah Drivers.

They will never understand how terrible they are.

Nat said...

i like to think that you were drunk while you were writing this as it is a st. patty' post.