Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I have no clever title for this post.

So I have been working a while now and I can say with surety that I really like my job. There have been a few moments when I was not so sure about its likability, but the good stuff definitely outweighs the bad stuff and I really do like working at the Center For Change.

The Pros:
  • The people who work there are great and really helpful and friendly
  • I never have to pack breakfast, lunch, or dinner because we eat with the patients and the food is actually pretty good.
  • The patients that are there are pretty cool people even though they are struggling through something pretty major and it feels good to help them in that process.
  • The time goes by pretty fast and it's not stressful - there are hectic moments, but overall its not a stressful job and that is really nice.
  • I get to go to all sorts of group therapy classes with the patients... music therapy, art therapy, life skills therapy... and much more. I even get to go to Yoga and workout while at work. How awesome is that? It is all useful to me and a great affirmation that I have my life together.
The Cons:
  • Sometimes it's really hard to see what people are going through, but I have learned to leave that at work and I don't worry about it unless I am there.
  • There are some patients who can be hard to work with so that can be a bit frustrating.
  • I don't have a set schedule because I am on-call, but I can pick up shifts as I want - it just makes planning things a bit tricky because I don't know if I will be working on my on call days.
  • Um, I guess that's really all I can think of.
Overall, my job is awesome and I am really enjoying it.

Jonathan was out of town this last weekend interviewing for a job and I really missed him. Even though I worked a grave and a swing shift during the time he was gone it was hard to be apart. In reality it was only 48 hours and we have been apart for more than two weeks at a time before so it's not like this was a new experience but for some reason it was really hard to have him gone. We missed each other a lot and have discovered once again that we are better together than we are apart. It would be sad if we had felt relief at our parting.

*** I would like to make a note that I think it's important to have personal space away from your spouse to do your own thing and be your own person. I think you need that to be healthy and we totally have that. We just like to have the option to be together if we want to. ***

Oh and I really really miss Mel. Why is South Bend so dang far away? Lame.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss Mel too.

Melissa said...

Aww shucks, guys. I miss you too. Wanna come visit me???

Nat said...

Me too!! I was just thinking about her today. Actually i was thinking about all of us that year and wishing i could go back and spend time with you all. We grow up so fast.