Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random

Tuesday was spent waddling around because my back side was so flippin' sore from working out. It's still sore, but the waddle has subsided.

Turns out I was totally naive to think that working one grave shift wouldn't mess up my sleeping schedule.

I WAS WRONG.
I couldn't fall asleep until 4:30 AM last night which then caused me to sleep in until 1:30 PM today. ANNOYING. It wouldn't be so bad if I was consistently working graves, but I am working all of the shifts (7-3, 3-11, 11-7) because I am still in training. I am looking forward to a consistent schedule when I am done training. I am hoping to get to sleep at a decent hour tonight. Wish me luck.

Yeah, still haven't worked on my creative project. Sigh. Sometimes we have g
reat plans to do great things with our time and sometimes it just doesn't happen. O'well, ya' just keep on truckin'.

My past roommates know that I love to bake. I was once accused by Nat that my baking was making her fat, which is ridiculous because she is smokin' hot. Baking fills my soul and my stomach so it's really a great thing. The more training I have at the Center for Change, the more I appreciate my very healthy relationship with food and myself. I am glad that I can enjoy my homemade wheat bread...


and my most recent baking endeavor, Gateau Basque.... which was AMAZING.

So you know that post about God's timing in our lives? I still totally believe that, but I found it difficult to trust that this week. My very smart and talented husband has begun interviewing for summer internships and 'real world' jobs for after graduation and I definitely had a few moments of, "Ahhhhh! I don't know what's going to happen and I can't make a plan!!!"
Dang it. That so annoys me.
But I have to remember what I wrote about because the truth really is that God is at the helm guiding us if we let Him. I am really trying to let Him guide us...me. Sometimes it's a bit scary though. I am trying to rid myself of that fear and have total faith. Wish me luck on that as well.

This post is really random. But the last thing I wanted to say was that I am really glad that I am a woman born in the U.S. of A. I feel really lucky to be a girl in America. I feel like I have limitless opportunity and potential and that isn't something that every woman feels. I am immensely grateful to be married to a man who supports me in anything I desire to accomplish and encourages me to be true to myself. I feel free to be me and that is truly a gift.

Hope you had a great Wednesday.

Much love,
Tin

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I just say: You make me happy. I'm glad that we are friends.

Nat said...

Lol, I don't remember such an accusation, but it does sound like something i would say. well you bake such great bread, what can i say, it overpowers my willpower.

Melissa @ Bookmark Dragon said...

So, what's the deal? We get to hear from you for several days in a row, and then all of a sudden it stops?? I am suffering from Tinathan withdrawal and I need a fix.