Since turning the ripe old age of 25 I have thought a lot about my life.
Where I have been.
Where I am.
Where I am going.
Some things have worked out the way I thought they might...
Where I have been.
Where I am.
Where I am going.
Some things have worked out the way I thought they might...
...falling in love,
graduating from college,
being happy,
graduating from college,
being happy,
but most things have happened unexpectedly and unplanned...
...falling in love and getting married at 21 after dating for 7 months,
living in Provo from age 18-26 (we will be here for my next bdash too),
not having kids when I thought we would,
having years of back pain,
followed by back surgery,
followed by a year of recovery,
followed by finally being able to work,
and a bunch of other stuff.
And despite the fact that my life hasn't gone according to the plan that I had planned, I must say that I am quite happy and content. I am a better person because of all of my planned and unplanned experiences and I can say with all honestly that God was in charge the whole time. That He knew what I needed when I needed it.
And He still does. And always will.
Of course I still believe in making plans. Because you can't expect good things to blossom in your life without some semblance of a plan to lead you on your way. Plans and goals are an important part of life.
God has just taught me to be more flexible and open to His plan for me. Cause it is WAY better than anything I can think up on my own.
living in Provo from age 18-26 (we will be here for my next bdash too),
not having kids when I thought we would,
having years of back pain,
followed by back surgery,
followed by a year of recovery,
followed by finally being able to work,
and a bunch of other stuff.
And despite the fact that my life hasn't gone according to the plan that I had planned, I must say that I am quite happy and content. I am a better person because of all of my planned and unplanned experiences and I can say with all honestly that God was in charge the whole time. That He knew what I needed when I needed it.
And He still does. And always will.
Of course I still believe in making plans. Because you can't expect good things to blossom in your life without some semblance of a plan to lead you on your way. Plans and goals are an important part of life.
God has just taught me to be more flexible and open to His plan for me. Cause it is WAY better than anything I can think up on my own.
2 comments:
you are truly an inspiration. i have to learn how to navigate gracefully through life like you instead of going through a quarter-life crisis and throwing brandon's shoes at the door.
Love it. :) Through different experiences in my own life, I've learned the same thing. Or, I should say I'm learning the same thing. It always takes me a little time to recognize what's going on with God's timing.
Post a Comment