Friday, April 2, 2010

Portland or Bust

Well, it is officially official. Jonathan has accepted a job offer for a summer internship with a company called NVidia in Beaverton Oregon. Jonathan is from the area and we are excited to be able to spend time with his family - especially our cute niece and nephew!

Portland has a great vibe to it. It is beautifully green and lush, it is only a few hours from the beach, there is great shopping, easy access to nature, summer skiing and a family cabin on Mount Hood, and it doesn't get too hot. =)

I am going to find a job for the 3-4 months that we will be there and I am also planning on visiting my family for a few weeks because my brother is getting back from his mission and I definitely want to spend some time with the whole family.

Jonathan is really excited about this job and we are so grateful for the opportunity to broaden our horizons and gain new experiences. Especially in this economy! We are looking forward to our summer in Portland.

Portland here we come!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

YAY!! What a great opportunity. I haven't been to Portland yet, but I am looking forward to going...someday. If you're up near Seattle, let me know! And, if I end up down in Portland this summer, I'll let you know! Deal? Deal.

Erica Hill said...

Let me know when you get here. We love living in Portland! Summers are awesome here.

Sandy Watson said...

So exciting! You'll have a great summer.