Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm BACK!

And I don't just mean back to the blogging world - I mean that my old self is back. The healthy, pain-free, energetic, fun, adventurous self is BACK. I am still working towards a 100% recovery from surgery, but I am feeling so much better and therefore life is so much better. And here is my little secret:

** PILATES **

This beautiful machine is my new best friend. I REALLY want one. Anyone have $2,500.00 laying around? (I promise it is for a good cause - i.e. I can live a normal life again cause).I am going to start saving my pennies because this simple, yet dynamic Pilates reformer is the most amazing piece of exercise equipment that I have ever used and I cannot get enough of it. I decided to take private Pilates lessons in place of inadequate and expensive physical therapy sessions and I am so glad that I did because I feel incredible! My body is starting to change and my back finally feels healthy.

This is a big deal because at the end of almost every day my back would be riddled with painful knots that would make almost any task miserable and would only ease up after I lied around for a while or went to sleep. For the first time in a really long time I am not experiencing any of that pain and it is because my back is getting stronger from just 7 Pilates workouts... and that is just the beginning because...

I AM HOOKED.

I was going to do physical therapy but I kept having the thought/prompting to take a Pilates class instead and I am so glad that I listed to that prompting because it has been an answer to my prayers. Yet another testament that God knows us, is aware of our individual needs, and provides a way for us to fulfill those needs. I am glad to know that He is aware of me and my gimpy back. God rocks!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad it has helped you out. Isn't it great to feel back-to-normal?

mathistown said...

I've always wanted to try Pilates..I will be trying either that or yoga someday when I can afford a class. I could use some serious loosening up myself.

I'm glad you're feeling better!!