
I am so not a morning person. I am not cranky in the morning, I just struggle to get my engines running when the sun comes up. That is because I have all of my cylinders burning at night. I am so a night owl - I have been since day one.
My poor parents had to deal with a four year old that wouldn't go to sleep at night. I remember coming up with some silly excuse as to why I couldn't sleep and my dad, out of sheer exhaustion of trying to put me to bed, would often let me lie down with him on the couch while I pretended to try to sleep. I of course wasn't even trying to sleep - instead I was peeking at the TV and enjoying the Johnny Carson show. I was sure I had him fooled and I felt quite proud of my accomplishment. And as a result of my cleverness I am lucky enough to remember that great show because most kids my age were sleeping through that wondrous announcement, "Here'ssssssss Johnny!" For those of you who were in bed - you totally missed out.

And now, 20 years later I still have a hard time going to bed. I try really hard, but I usually fail and am often up until 2 am or later. Bad habit I know, but I still think I am pretty healthy, wealthy, and wise. =) Anyway, I am trying to revamp my efforts at becoming less night owl and more morning song bird. My goal is to make it to bed by midnight every night this week and get up at eight every morning so that I can get on a decent schedule. Wish me luck - cause my DNA says I am going to need it.
2 comments:
IIIIIIIIIIIIII KNOW!!! Good luck on your goal. I, too, know the incredible discipline it takes to make your body get up early when you genetically prefer nights. Go Tin. Go Tin go.
I am so on the same level as you there. Now I have to be at work by 7am, which means waking up at 5am...and it is killing me!
Post a Comment