Monday, November 19, 2007

So my new addiction is gelato. I am not too keen on ice cream. I mean, it's okay every now and then, but I definitely don't crave it. Gelato, I crave. It is a million times better than ice cream in every respect; texture, flavor, and curb appeal. I am seriously considering buying my own gelato maker so that I can have it any time I want. But then, who knows if homemade gelato would live up to its name. For now I will just have to go to Maestros and pay over 2 bucks for a small scoop. Kind of spendy, but totally worth every bite.

Jonner and I are flying to Boise tomorrow for Thanksgiving. I cannot contain my excitement at the prospect of Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and pumpkin pies with fresh whipped cream, not to mention shopping with my mom and taking a nap or two. I am so ready to hit the road (or the air) and get the heck out of Doge. Don't get me wrong, I like Provo, but sometimes getting out of town is simply a necessity to keeping your sanity. Though I am pretty sure that the need to leave town has more to do with the stress of school than anything else.

Speaking of school... I wish I could say that I love it, but right now I don't. I am trying to love it, but my attempts at this love affair haven't been working too well. This semester has just been really long and stressful and not very fun. But I am grateful for the chance to be kind of miserable at such a great university. I know that a lot of people would trade me in a heart beat. I am very ready for the next several weeks to come to a close so that I can begin afresh and fall in love with school again.

I am still enjoying my pesto and olives. Mmmmm. Mmmmm. Good. Hope everyone has a really good Thanksgiving holiday. Stay safe!


1 comment:

Nat said...

You don't like ice cream? I did not know that. It's like I don't even know you... Have fun at Thanksgiving, and say hi to everyone. I'm so jealous that you're flying.