Friday, November 9, 2007

Pesto and Olives

So my new favorites things to eat are pesto and olives. Pesto is amazingly delicious. Its robust, full, and tantalizing to my taste buds. I have always enjoyed it on sandwiches at restaurants, and have only now realized that I can buy pesto at the store and put it on my own sandwiches. (I know, took me long enough.) And pesto is made all the better by some good olives. I really love black olives and have always been a bit nervous to try green olives, which is silly because I am sure that they are probably even better.

I have been making the most delicious and succulent sandwiches as of late. I don't have a toaster oven, but I sprinkle some good bread with olive oil and put it in the oven and broil it for about 2 minutes to make it nice and toasty. Then I apply pesto, roma tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, romaine lettuce, deli turkey, and of course, olives. Then I sit in my kitchen and have a small love affair with my artwork. So good. I don't know why people ever started using mayo when they could be using pesto.

3 comments:

Nat said...

Sounds delicious!!! i'll have to copy you.

Amy said...

Wow! Quite the chef! And I suggest trying the green olives--they are delish. Mmm...I"m copying you too. :)

R and K said...

That sounds amazing! Want to come make one for me? I might pass on the green olives though but pile on the black ones!