I don't know where the idea to take one picture per day for a whole month came from, but I am really glad that I did it. When you are busy doing the day to day things like laundry, dishes, cooking, grocery shopping, and 24/7 mom stuff, you can easily loose perspective on the beauty of your own seemingly uneventful life. I thought it might be nice to capture the uneventful, but this project revealed that my life isn't that uneventful after all.
My life is filled with awesome people that I love. There were a lot of pictures of Kylie and Jonathan. They are the people that make my life meaningful, fun, and joyful. They are also the people that teach me a lot about myself in a loving way.
My life is filled with tiny adventures like weddings, walks in the park, and Shakespeare plays. I learned that I have more going on in my life than I thought I did. Turns out, I get out pretty often and do quite a few things - especially considering the effort it takes to haul a kid and all their gear around. Life can be adventurous without too much effort.
My life is filled with a lot of really good food. There were a lot of pictures of food. I knew that I loved food, but this gave me new insight into how much. I think about food a lot - what I will cook, what groceries to buy, what is healthy vs. what is not. Food brings enjoyment to my life - both in the preparing and consuming of it. I am grateful that food and I have a very healthy relationship.
My life is not boring or mundane. We often complain about the mundane tasks that life requires of us. There is always something to clean, new meals to cook, diapers to change, books to read, and blogs to post on. If we look at life like it is a never ending list of things to do, we are kind of missing the whole point of life - which is to live and enjoy the moment. Cleaning the kitchen isn't so bad - because I am blessed to have a kitchen to clean, and I am blessed to have a lot of clothes to wash, and plenty of food to cook, and a baby that needs my care and love 24/7, and a husband who needs loving to.
Point being, all the things that we think are mundane are actually quite beautiful and can be meaningful and very fulfilling if we choose to enjoy the blessing of work and routine and taking care of those we love. A lot of people in this world yearn for a nice home to care for, or good food to prepare, or people to love. I have all those things and much, much more.
Take a picture a day of your life and see what you discover. Maybe it will give you a new perspective on how blessed you really are.
Much love,
Tin
No comments:
Post a Comment