It has been 3 1/2 weeks since Kylie joined the family and we can't imagine life without her.

I knew that being a parent would be a lot of work and it is, but I didn't realize just how wonderful and amazing it could be. Sometimes I am extremely tired or worn out, but most of the time I am overcome with happiness and contentment. Being a stay at home mom is definitely the best job in the world.



Here are a few Kylie updates:
At her two week appointment: 22 3/4 inches long - 98% and she weighed 10 lb. 5 oz. - 95%
She is a very healthy baby that is no longer wearing newborn diapers or clothes. She has graduated to 3 month old clothes and is almost too tall for some of those outfits. I have found myself wondering if you can buy baby clothes in a tall size.


She is a great sleeper. We have her on a pretty routine schedule. She sleeps well during her daytime naps, and she is already sleeping in 4-5 hour segments at night which is really impressive and I am sure only made possible because she weighs so much so soon. If she has a full belly, a clean diaper, and is swaddled up tight she falls asleep really well too. We are SO grateful for her good sleeping habits!

She smiles a lot. When she is nursing, after she is done nursing, and occasionally when we are talking to her. Not little 'gas' smiles - full fledged, genuine smiles. It is seriously the best thing ever.
She is a big fan of bath time as long as we wait to wash her hair over the sink after she is out the the bath and warm and dry in in new clothes. Then she loves getting her hair washed, otherwise she is NOT a fan.


She loves to cuddle up with us, but she is also great at kicking and playing on the floor or having tummy time. She doesn't have to be held all the time which is also a really great thing for us. But let's be honest, holding her is one of our favorite things to do.

We also got her pictures taken when she was 17 days old and I can't wait to get the photos back. I think they are going to be great!
Then Grandma Julie came to help out for about a week which was AWESOME. Kylie loves grandma and we greatly appreciated the help. We even got to go on a hot date while grandma babysat our little Kylie-cakes. =) We are headed to Boise in a few weeks for the rest of the Mortensen family to meet our baby girl. Can't wait!


More updates to come at some point in the future.
Much love,
Tin
I knew that being a parent would be a lot of work and it is, but I didn't realize just how wonderful and amazing it could be. Sometimes I am extremely tired or worn out, but most of the time I am overcome with happiness and contentment. Being a stay at home mom is definitely the best job in the world.
Here are a few Kylie updates:
At her two week appointment: 22 3/4 inches long - 98% and she weighed 10 lb. 5 oz. - 95%
She is a very healthy baby that is no longer wearing newborn diapers or clothes. She has graduated to 3 month old clothes and is almost too tall for some of those outfits. I have found myself wondering if you can buy baby clothes in a tall size.
She is a great sleeper. We have her on a pretty routine schedule. She sleeps well during her daytime naps, and she is already sleeping in 4-5 hour segments at night which is really impressive and I am sure only made possible because she weighs so much so soon. If she has a full belly, a clean diaper, and is swaddled up tight she falls asleep really well too. We are SO grateful for her good sleeping habits!
She smiles a lot. When she is nursing, after she is done nursing, and occasionally when we are talking to her. Not little 'gas' smiles - full fledged, genuine smiles. It is seriously the best thing ever.
She is a big fan of bath time as long as we wait to wash her hair over the sink after she is out the the bath and warm and dry in in new clothes. Then she loves getting her hair washed, otherwise she is NOT a fan.
She loves to cuddle up with us, but she is also great at kicking and playing on the floor or having tummy time. She doesn't have to be held all the time which is also a really great thing for us. But let's be honest, holding her is one of our favorite things to do.
We also got her pictures taken when she was 17 days old and I can't wait to get the photos back. I think they are going to be great!
Then Grandma Julie came to help out for about a week which was AWESOME. Kylie loves grandma and we greatly appreciated the help. We even got to go on a hot date while grandma babysat our little Kylie-cakes. =) We are headed to Boise in a few weeks for the rest of the Mortensen family to meet our baby girl. Can't wait!
More updates to come at some point in the future.
Much love,
Tin
3 comments:
Shark towel made an appearance! Yay! I also love the shot of Mamma Mortensen teaching Kylie how to apply make-up.
She's so precious. I'm so glad motherhood is treating you well!
Hooray for schedules! I swear that's how we got our oldest sleeping 6-8 hours at 1 month. Way to go new mommy!
Post a Comment