The past three months have been very full of many ups and downs. Blogging about it all seemed too daunting until now. Here is the long list of updates and details.
HOUSING...
We have seen over 100 houses and none of those houses felt like home. We gave ourselves until the end of February to find a home so as to give ourselves enough time to be able to move before the baby arrives. Blast February for being a short month, because it came and went too quickly and we didn't find a house that we wanted buy. The whole process has been emotionally and physically draining in a way I hadn't anticipated - there was added stress because we wanted to be in our own place when the baby arrived so as not to wake the grandparents 5 times a night with a crying baby or try to figure out the whole nursing gig with my father-in-law around (he is great... but you can see my concern with the situation).
And so we hit up the rental market for a house/condo/apartment. 10 rental viewings, a planned and canceled move due to a hormonal freak out by yours truly (it was legitimate though and I am glad we walked away), and lots of praying later, we finally found out today that we will be living here:



It is a super cute house. 1,700 sq ft, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths + office. It is in a great neighborhood and the ward is a perfect fit as it is full of younger couples and lots of babies and toddlers. We are going to be moving on Saturday and I am very excited about having our own place with our own things once again. Now that we have a home please come visit us!!! Oh, and we are RIDICULOUSLY excited to have our own bed back - it has been in storage for a YEAR.
We will start house shopping again after we are settled and more adjusted to parenthood, if one can ever be adjusted to it.
BABY STECK...
She is doing great as am I, despite a rather bothersome case of bronchitis that I picked up this week. It has totally wiped me out, but I am on some drugs that should kick it to the curb soon. Other than that, we have been planning and getting ready as well as we can without a place of our own to set up in. We have dedicated one corner of our room to all the diapers, toys, books, clothes, and baby gear that we have collected. It is starting to get rather big and I am definitely looking forward to moving it into a nursery!

I am still growing and have started to really feel the effects of being 36 weeks pregnant.
Here I am at 35 weeks and 1 day.
My symptoms aren't that bad at all, but my comfort level is slowly decreasing as her legs continue to find their way under my rib cage. I completely understand why pregnant women waddle, though I try my best not to. I am able to sleep pretty well, but have to wake up every time I need to switch sides as it is quite a production to move all the pillows and the bump from the left side to the right. Leg cramps are killer but rather infrequent, and I of course have to pee all too often. Just the normal stuff and I am grateful that that is all there is. It will all be totally worth it though and Jonathan is constantly thanking me for being pregnant so that we could have kids. He is the best. My advice to having a good pregnancy is to marry an incredible man.
RANDOM TIDBITS...
Jonner turned 27 and he is hotter than ever. He has been getting some good training on how to be a good daddy by our niece and nephew. He is still loving his job and continues to make me laugh on a daily basis. He also got braces a few weeks ago which has been rather painful for him, but results will be worth it! I REALLY love him.


I had an Oregon baby shower last week which was so fun and I sincerely appreciated all the gifts and support from the friends that I have made here. And as an added bonus, my mom was able to spend the weekend with me and be there for the shower. But we didn't get a picture together, dang it!


I have been putting my nesting energies into nursery decorating in my free time and I am excited to have a room to put it all together in and do a big reveal. I got the fabric I am using in the mail today and I am very excited to finally get some things put together.
Color theme: Robin egg blue, sunny yellow, and splashes of pinks

I have also just started to make baby headbands for my little girl. I have a lot of headband projects to work on and will show you more when I have them done. These are just the rough drafts of the final product.


IN CONCLUSION...
Life has been stressful, but it has also been full of really good things too. I have been reminded that there really are tender mercies all along our path if we look for them - especially during difficult times.
We have seen over 100 houses and none of those houses felt like home. We gave ourselves until the end of February to find a home so as to give ourselves enough time to be able to move before the baby arrives. Blast February for being a short month, because it came and went too quickly and we didn't find a house that we wanted buy. The whole process has been emotionally and physically draining in a way I hadn't anticipated - there was added stress because we wanted to be in our own place when the baby arrived so as not to wake the grandparents 5 times a night with a crying baby or try to figure out the whole nursing gig with my father-in-law around (he is great... but you can see my concern with the situation).
And so we hit up the rental market for a house/condo/apartment. 10 rental viewings, a planned and canceled move due to a hormonal freak out by yours truly (it was legitimate though and I am glad we walked away), and lots of praying later, we finally found out today that we will be living here:



It is a super cute house. 1,700 sq ft, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths + office. It is in a great neighborhood and the ward is a perfect fit as it is full of younger couples and lots of babies and toddlers. We are going to be moving on Saturday and I am very excited about having our own place with our own things once again. Now that we have a home please come visit us!!! Oh, and we are RIDICULOUSLY excited to have our own bed back - it has been in storage for a YEAR.
We will start house shopping again after we are settled and more adjusted to parenthood, if one can ever be adjusted to it.
BABY STECK...
She is doing great as am I, despite a rather bothersome case of bronchitis that I picked up this week. It has totally wiped me out, but I am on some drugs that should kick it to the curb soon. Other than that, we have been planning and getting ready as well as we can without a place of our own to set up in. We have dedicated one corner of our room to all the diapers, toys, books, clothes, and baby gear that we have collected. It is starting to get rather big and I am definitely looking forward to moving it into a nursery!
I am still growing and have started to really feel the effects of being 36 weeks pregnant.
My symptoms aren't that bad at all, but my comfort level is slowly decreasing as her legs continue to find their way under my rib cage. I completely understand why pregnant women waddle, though I try my best not to. I am able to sleep pretty well, but have to wake up every time I need to switch sides as it is quite a production to move all the pillows and the bump from the left side to the right. Leg cramps are killer but rather infrequent, and I of course have to pee all too often. Just the normal stuff and I am grateful that that is all there is. It will all be totally worth it though and Jonathan is constantly thanking me for being pregnant so that we could have kids. He is the best. My advice to having a good pregnancy is to marry an incredible man.
RANDOM TIDBITS...
Jonner turned 27 and he is hotter than ever. He has been getting some good training on how to be a good daddy by our niece and nephew. He is still loving his job and continues to make me laugh on a daily basis. He also got braces a few weeks ago which has been rather painful for him, but results will be worth it! I REALLY love him.
I had an Oregon baby shower last week which was so fun and I sincerely appreciated all the gifts and support from the friends that I have made here. And as an added bonus, my mom was able to spend the weekend with me and be there for the shower. But we didn't get a picture together, dang it!
I have been putting my nesting energies into nursery decorating in my free time and I am excited to have a room to put it all together in and do a big reveal. I got the fabric I am using in the mail today and I am very excited to finally get some things put together.
I have also just started to make baby headbands for my little girl. I have a lot of headband projects to work on and will show you more when I have them done. These are just the rough drafts of the final product.
IN CONCLUSION...
Life has been stressful, but it has also been full of really good things too. I have been reminded that there really are tender mercies all along our path if we look for them - especially during difficult times.
2 comments:
The new place looks great! I'm sure this will help ease the stress of feeling like time is running out. Now you have a lovely place to call home, even if it is just for a little while.
Speaking of looking great, YOU sure look it! Sorry to hear about the bronchitis though, hope you recover quickly.
Anyway, I miss you!
PS- your maternity clothes are hot.
How fun to have such a cute space to bring baby girl home to! You look amazing!!
Post a Comment