I am counting down the days now to the big day when our lives will forever be changed for the better and I am frantically trying to be as prepared as possible. I am trying to stock the freezer with good meals that we can turn to after the baby is born without the hassle of a lot of meal prep. Does anybody out there have any good recipes they have tried? Please do tell.
Much love,
Tin and Baby Steck
P.S. The nursery is finally taking shape... can't wait to post pictures when it is all done!
Much love,
Tin and Baby Steck
P.S. The nursery is finally taking shape... can't wait to post pictures when it is all done!
2 comments:
Chicken Divan-Mix 1 can low-fat crm of chicken soup, 1/2 cup low-fat mayo, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. curry powder (or to taste). Put cooked, cubed chicken breast in a baking dish. Top w/ some frozen broccoli. Pour soup mixture over all; top w/ shredded cheddar. Freeze. Bake at 350 until heated through/bubbly.
Pasta dishes, like baked ziti, are really simple and easy. Brown .5 to 1 lb. ground beef; add about 1/2 cup of rolled outs. Add meat mixture to your favorite shaped pasta, along w/ spaghetti sauce (canned or homemade) and 1 container cottage cheese. Pour into baking dish, top w/ mozzarella. Freeze. Bake at 350 until heated through.
I also like frozen sandwiches. Make your fave meat mix, (sloppy joe, BBQ beef or chicken, etc.), put on buns and wrap each in foil. Then you can pull out 1 or 2 and pip them in the oven until got. You could also do burritos like that.
Way to be prepared and on top of things with your prep! I hope you'll share your recipes once you decide! :)
Lasagna freezes really well, and I had a bunch of homemade chicken noodle soup and some meatballs for quick spaghetti & meatball dinners. I also bought some already cooked grilled chicken breasts and they were great for throwing into a salad! Cookies and brownies are good frozen also...although they aren't healthy! Good luck! I'm so excited to see pictures of your little bundle!!!
Post a Comment