So this nesting thing that comes with pregnancy is pretty exciting - I have all these great ideas for a nursery, have my baby gear mostly picked out, and have slowly been gathering the necessities. I have even been couponing for things like diapers and have gotten some pretty amazing deals, like 192 Huggies diapers for just $15!
While I am trying my best to enjoy this instinctual urge to plan, clean, organize, and prepare, I am finding myself feeling rather discouraged today. Our house hunt is not going as well as we thought it would and we are not even close to making an offer on anything. I am not trying to complain as I am so grateful that we are even in a position to look at homes and eventually buy one, but it has been frustrating to want to feel settled in and well prepared before the bambino arrives and have no house of our own to make those preparations in.
I know that the baby doesn't care where she comes home to and that home is really just wherever Jonathan and I are. The actual place doesn't really matter in the long run and I know it will be just fine if we have to move into an apartment instead of a house. I just wish I had a home of my own that I could decorate and clean and get ready for our new beginning as a family of three.
My life is full of a million and one blessings and I fully recognize that and am so grateful. I really wouldn't change a thing about my life, but I am feeling discouraged in this moment. We are hopeful that something will come our way soon, but if not I know it will all be okay. Because I married the best man on earth, we are both really happy, and we are having one perfect baby girl, and when you look at it like that, what is there to complain about?
While I am trying my best to enjoy this instinctual urge to plan, clean, organize, and prepare, I am finding myself feeling rather discouraged today. Our house hunt is not going as well as we thought it would and we are not even close to making an offer on anything. I am not trying to complain as I am so grateful that we are even in a position to look at homes and eventually buy one, but it has been frustrating to want to feel settled in and well prepared before the bambino arrives and have no house of our own to make those preparations in.
I know that the baby doesn't care where she comes home to and that home is really just wherever Jonathan and I are. The actual place doesn't really matter in the long run and I know it will be just fine if we have to move into an apartment instead of a house. I just wish I had a home of my own that I could decorate and clean and get ready for our new beginning as a family of three.
My life is full of a million and one blessings and I fully recognize that and am so grateful. I really wouldn't change a thing about my life, but I am feeling discouraged in this moment. We are hopeful that something will come our way soon, but if not I know it will all be okay. Because I married the best man on earth, we are both really happy, and we are having one perfect baby girl, and when you look at it like that, what is there to complain about?
1 comment:
Hey, no need to apologize for being frustrated. Even people with awesome lives have reasons to be discouraged every once in a while. I hope your house hunt takes a turn for the better soon, so that you can unleash all that creative energy I know you've been storing up for years! In the meantime, call me if you want to vent. :)
Post a Comment