Friday, July 2, 2010

Portland Fun

Jonner and I have been busy having lots of fun now that the sun is finally showing it's face here in Portland.

We went and saw Jewel at the Zoo. We got there 45 minutes early, but the lawn was full of concert goers and it took us a while to find this tiny spot just big enough for the two of us. We had a delicious picnic - chocolate covered strawberries included - and really enjoyed Jewel's performance.

Our tiny corner on the lawn, but at least we were at the front!

She even Yodeled for us at the end and it was amazing!

You can't tell in this picture, but the moon was so pretty that night so we got a picture. I thought it was funny how awed the locals were at the moon, but I guess they don't get to see a full moon and a clear sky all that often.

The next day we headed to the Rose Gardens and enjoyed their fragrance and beauty. There are thousands of roses there and it is all maintained by one gardener, two part time helpers and volunteers. I was impressed and they were all so pretty.

These were definitely my favorite roses. They were so big and smelled amazing!

These white roses were so brilliant! They were a true white, the stems were thorn-less, and the leaves were so shiny. Very elegant. And that good looking guy isn't too bad himself.

Sometimes I am sassy.


If you look hard you can see Mt. Hood in the background hiding behind a tall building.

He is a great date.

This is my special zero gravity chair that my parents so graciously bought for me so that I would have a comfortable and supportive chair for my back. It reclines all the way and relieves all the pressure off of my lower back.
I.
LOVE.
IT.

It helps my back survive the day and I am so grateful for it. The only complaint I have about it is that I am constantly asking people for my chair back because everyone else loves it too.

Hope your summer is going well.
More to come at some time or another.

- Tin

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Those roses look like something out of the Red Queen's garden in Alice in Wonderland.

PS- Have you bought your plane ticket to Ithaca yet? If so, what time do you land?

PPS- So glad you liked Life of Pi. I loved it. I will def read Atlas Shrugged.

Melissa @ Bookmark Dragon said...

Those roses look like something out of the Red Queen's garden in Alice in Wonderland.

PS- Have you bought your ticket to Ithaca yet? If so, what time do you land?

PPS- Glad you liked Life of Pi. We'll have to discuss.