
I can barely stand to watch Oprah who can't contain her excitement about his win. Reading everyone's blogs about how glad they are that their candidate prevailed has been a bit saddening. And I just can't handle the news. I find it slightly depressing.
For my own reasons which don't really matter at the moment, I don't feel that I can trust Obama. I don't like his record, nor his personal ideas about how the country should be run. He is far too liberal for my tastes and I am too conservative for his politics.
Admittedly, McCain would not have been my first pick for the GOP nomination, but his politics aligned with mine more than Obama's did. I am glad that McCain was so gracious about his loss and I am grateful for his example in what it means to be a good American. He heard what the majority of this people said with their votes and he graciously and respectfully congratulated the winner.

I too congradulate Obama - anyone who can win the votes of the majority of American voters deserves congradulations. I also recognize how historic it is to have an African American as President Elect. I think Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would be proud of how far we have come as a nation. And I too respect the right that we all have to make our own decision and vote for who we feel will best lead our country. That is what is so unique and splendid about America and I am so grateful to live in such a great Nation.
It has been hard to be on the loosing side. But when I really think about it - I am on the winning team simply because I am and AMERICAN.
4 comments:
It was so fun running into you! I told my sister you plan on coming this Saturday, so you don't have to call if you don't want to. :) And good point about everyone looking at what I'm opening. It will be fun--I'm just so excited to see everyone!
Sorry to be one of those people blogging about being on the winning side. ;-) There are things I don't like about Obama either (the liberal thing, in particular) but I was rooting for him over McCain. Here's praying he can pick our country up!
yo tin. that's it. just yo.
It's Ok! I would have skipped my own shower if I was surprised with a couple's massage. :) I will say you missed some delicious food though. haha... I'd love to get together sometime. I'm good with whenever, just let me know what works for you!
Post a Comment