Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ode to Bubble Baths

Dearest Bubble Baths,

Thank you for being a part of my life on almost a daily basis. I so enjoy the steaming hot water that you provide my body to soak in - nothing is quite so relaxing as you. Add a few bubbles (Victoria's Secrect's pear glace bubble bath) and you are all the more heavenly. I have nothing against showers and sometime prefer them to a long luxurious bath, but 9 times out of 10 I am in the bathtub instead of the shower. It's my haven from the world. Nothing can really bother me or stress me out when I am soaking up the heaven that is bubble baths. I think we should all have healthy ways of escaping our crazy lifes and taking a bath is my personal escape.



Dear Small Bathtub,

You have served me well in the past two years, but I must admit that I wish you were twice as deep and 6 inches longer. You don't quite provide the same relaxation that my parent's jacuzzi does, and I wish that I could make you bigger. Regardless, I still love you and look forward to many more baths in the coming year.



Dear Freedom,

I am so grateful that you showed up in my life when you did. I didn't realize how much stress and anxiety brought to my life and I am enjoying every moment of this new freedom from school. My days are more joyful and fulfilling and I love the fact that I am not tied down to any homework assignments, papers, or tests to study for. I haven't been this relaxed and content for a long time and I hope you stick around for a long while.

2 comments:

Nat said...

i hate baths. i know, it's sin, but they make my skin itch and then it just ruins everything. i am however, happy that someone can derive so much pleasure from them. keep bathing!

Jessica said...

Don't worry I too dislike taking a bath.. but I am so glad that you, Kristin enjoy them! Congrats!!!! No more school... but for some reason I feel we are always learning... love ya