Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blessing & Beach Weekend

Kylie was given a name and a blessing this past Sunday, which was beautiful and straight from Heaven. My family came down for a week and Kylie and I spent our time with them at a beach house while poor Jonner stayed behind to work. We had lots of fun at the beach and it was such a wonderful experience to have her blessed.

Greatest mom ever. She is so beautiful!

Jackson buried himself in the sand up to his waist... almost.

Kylie and Uncle Brandon are especially good pals. He was nice enough to carry her to the beach for me as my back was giving me grief. He kept saying that he felt like a pink, fluffy marsupial. Kylie enjoyed her nap in his pouch. =)

Bundled up for our beach campfire.

I think she is so beautiful!


Kylie got to wear the dress that I was blessed in that my mom happened to make as well as the shoes that my mom was blessed in. She looked beautiful and was very calm during the blessing. It was a spiritual highlight for me. I am so grateful for the Priesthood on earth and for the Atonement because it enables my family to be an eternal family.

Grandpa got some pictures during church. =)

Notice: I got braces... AGAIN. WEAR YOUR RETAINER! They will only be on for about 6 months to fix a few small issues. Jonner and I feel like two 15 year old brace faced kids with a baby.

So glad we had a girl!

3 comments:

Erin Curtis said...

1. Kylie gives such great smiles. Way to go!
2. The picture of marsupial Brandon with the fuzzy pink blankie is priceless. When he has a daughter you had better give her a fuzzy pink blanket--and he'll be proud to wear it.
3. There are probably more teenage parents with braces in the world than 20-something parents with braces, but at least you and Jonner don't look 15 (aside from your smiles, haha).

mcewen16 said...

Congratulations, Kristin! Having so much family be able to make it to a blessing when you live out of town is spectacular. Just the pictures made me feel all warm and fuzzy. :) Also, do you think you could email me a mailing address for you and Jon? I have something I've been trying to get to you for a while, and I haven't managed to do it! You can get me on Facebook or at mcewen16@gmail.com. Congrats, again!

mcewen16 said...

P.S. - Cannot get over how old all your brothers look! Especially Brandon! He's a full-on man now! Craziness! :D