...that I am pregnant. (Not true).
A friend came up to me today in church and told me that she heard through the grape-vine that I was pregnant. She knows that my back needs a lot more time to heal before I can even think about getting pregnant so she was really confused and asked me if I was pregnant or not. I of course assured her that I am not.
Also on Saturday a neighbor across the street asked Jonner how our baby was doing. He was like, "Um...what baby? We don't have a baby." She told him that she thought she had heard that I had just had a baby. He let her know that she heard wrong.
Then today in Elders Quorum Jonner asked if there was any good news to share with everyone and a guy in our ward who has four kids (a single and triplets) announced that his wife is pregant with twins and jokingly said that he was an overachiever. Then another guy announced that his wife was pregnant with one child and said that they were apparently underachievers. Then Jonathan said, "Well, there is a rumor going around that my wife is pregnant, but she isn't, so I am REALLY an underachiever." Funny stuff.
I know I don't look like I am pregnant - heck I have been loosing weight. I think people started to speculate because I have only been going to sacrament meeting because of my back and I am sure that a lot of people have heard that I have had health problems, but don't know that my problem is my back and not a baby!
This just goes to show that gossip, though juicy, is usually completely false.
3 comments:
I completely laughed out loud. You poor thing. I also got those rumors, but I definitely had not been losing, weight. I was regaining what I had lost prior to the wedding (and working all summer before at a camp). I had tons of awkward questions, and I know they can be so annoying. How fun for you, haha!
Yeah, that happens to me in church all the time. Totally get where you're coming from.
RIGHT. Anyway, people are nosy. I'm glad you can see the humor in the situation and not let it bother you. =D
On another note, thanks for talking to me today and calming me down. You are the best friend a girl could ask for.
Isn't it funny how that's what people automatically assume whenever you are sick or gone from church or leave things early? And then when you actually ARE pregnant, everyone's afraid to say anything. Weirdos.
Post a Comment