Friday, January 2, 2009

Thank Heavens for good neurosurgeons!

This is going to be a short post, but I wanted to let everyone out there know that my surgery went VERY well and that the surgeon was very glad that we did it because it was truly the only way to fix my disc herniation.

I was very excited, though totally groggy, when I woke up because my chronic hip pain was gone! The herniated portion of my disc had been pushing against that particular nerve for the past two years or so and the surgery removed all of the pressure off of that nerve. (It is supposed to be like a spaghetti noodle, but it had been flattened to the thickness of a ribbon... no wonder I was in agony 24/7). My back pain is also much improved and I can tell that I am going to be feeling so good once my incision has fully recovered (it is about 1 1/2 inches long). All in all, recovery has gone much better than I expected and I am doing really well. Thanks again for all of your prayers and thoughtful concern and love. It is really nice to be so well loved.

Two weeks of recovery down... ten to go. =) I'll be back to my normal healthy self sooner than later and I am really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

yay tin! when are you coming back from idaho? i want to chill with your recovering self.