Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's Christmas time!

So it's officially Christmas time which is wonderful because it's my favorite time of the year and I no longer have to be a closet Christmas music listener (I often periodically listen to Christmas music August through November...I can't help myself).

I love Christmas because it is about the Savior's birth, which then reminds us of all that he did for us throughout his Earthly life, and all that he continues to do for us. He has done a lot for me lately and I am grateful for the opportunity to worship Him during this season of giving and love.


I also love Christmas because of all of the decorations. Jonner and I both love real Christmas trees, but could not justify buying a $40 tree only to enjoy it for a few weeks before we left Provo to return home for Christmas, so this year we just bought a fake tree for a good deal and set it up a bit early. It looks pretty good considering it's not real, and we can keep on using it until we become more settled in our lives.


I also love holiday baking. It is a dangerous pass time as you usually eat what you bake, but I love making holiday treats. It's therapeutic.


I also love the snow of the season. I do get tired of the cold after a while, but I honestly enjoy the falling snow.


But most of all, I love that Christmas is really all about spending time with family and friends. I have been blessed with two families and so many amazing friends. I could not ask for more love or support from the people I love. I love you all so much and can't wait to spend more time with you this holiday season!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm on your blog!!