Saturday, August 23, 2008

I enjoy being a girl!

I agree. This background it completely girly, but it makes me happy and reminds me that being a girl rocks for so many reasons.

So I am a TOTAL slacker. Back in July
I said I would post a picture of something creative - but life happened as it always does and I got sidetracked. Luckily this wasn't a true assignment and thus my GPA will remain intact.

This is my creative project:




No I am not pregnant and no I did not make the baby blanket for anyone else. I just wanted to learn a bit more about piecing quilts together and thought a baby blanket would be a small and someday quite useful project to embark on. I started this thing about 9 months ago, but it sat, untouched, in my sewing bin for months while I focused on finishing school. I finally got back to it this summer and this is the final result. I really enjoyed making it - despite a few moments of frustration - and I am so happy with how it turned out. I have already started a pink quilt that is a bit bigger and more detailed and I am enjoying myself immensely. (It will eventually look like the quilt shown below).

2 comments:

Melissa said...

lovely lovely. but i must admit that the ultimate gnarliness of these darling blankets comes upon snuggling with them on your couch whilst watching copious amounts of ALIAS. i'm just sayin.

Sam said...

That's awesome! I'm trying to come up with something similiar myself. I need to learn some wifey/mothery crafts like that. I was trying to get back into cross-stiching...I did it as a kid so I figured it'd be easy to pick up but apparently it's gone out of fashion in the last 15 years. ;-) I can't find cute cross-stitching patterns anywhere! Anyway, I'd love to learn to quilt though, I'm impressed!