I took a leave of absence from blogging. Life got hectic (which is usually the case) and I stopped telling the world (the three people who read this) all about life on Steck Street.
December was a really good month. Classes ended, finals were passed, and we traveled to Portland for Christmas. We ate lots of really good food and tons of Christmas treats, watched Christmas movies, opened presents, went shopping, celebrated our nephews 1st b-day, spent time at the Steck's cabin on Mount Hood, and went skiing a few times. I think that my two favorite gifts are: the ipod that my parents so graciously bought for me and the princess cut diamond (the fake, yet very sparkely kind) earings and neclace set that Jonner got me. I love them because they remind me of how lucky I am to be married to him and they remind me that he bought me them to make me happy. =) He's such a great guy.
This new year has started off really well. It is incredibly joyful to have begun my final semester at BYU, but every now and then, when I am walking through campus, I feel some sadness as I think of closing this chapter in my life. BYU has been an amazing experience for me. I have learned a lot more than I ever thought I would and it feels really good to look back to 2003 and see how far I have come. It's comfoting to know that I have the ability to change for the better through lots of hard work and effort. Look at me, I am getting all sappy and reflective and the semester just started! Good grief!
It is also FREEZING outside. I feel like those trees in the pic must feel. Burrrrrrr!
Tomorrow is our 1 1/2 year anniversary. Woo Hoo! It has gone by in a flash. Today, I read some old journal entries about when I first met Jonathan. It is amazing how far we have come and how much happier we are than we were then. And we were pretty darn happy. The world makes marriage seem like a death sentence sometimes and it gets on my nerves. Yes, marriage takes work and humility and a willingness to serve your spouse completley, but it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life. So the world just needs to stop complaining about how hard marriage is and ENJOY it! Even through the pot holes - pot holes make us stronger when we fill them in and pave over them together.
Tomorrow is a doubly great day because I graduate 3 months from tomorrow. That is reason to celebrate! I think I will go do some celebrating now.
3 comments:
You're back! Thank you for writing it just for me and the other 2 people who read the blog. :) It's so fun having TWO classes with you this semester. I feel the same way about this being our last semester at BYU--it's bittersweet. See ya tomorrow!
Oh, and just a head's up: Quiz in 202 Mon. on this week's reading; quiz Wed. on the syllabus. For 480: Read Ch. 3 and write one paragraph answering either 19, 20, or 21 from the syllabus. (But we're not turning it in.)Have a great weekend!
yay!!! welcome back. like a faithful dog i checked and checked waiting for you to come back and you did!!! i love your thoughts on marriage. it's true, it's not a fairy tale (i always try to warn people about fairy tales) but it is surprinsingly rewarding. i always thought i'd be happy i guess i didn't know which kind of happiness. anyway, another fabulous entry from kris.
Post a Comment