Wednesday, June 18, 2008

ENGLAND

I finally got to fulfill a dream this summer and travel to Europe to see the sights, try new foods, and gain a new perspective. Our European adventure started in England. We stayed in Gillingham at our friends grandparent's home (they were on holiday in Spain while we were there). We took a train to London everyday and spent our time exploring the city. We had a great time there. We saw five plays, went to many museums, strolled around Hyde Park, and enjoyed the hustle and bustle of native Londoners.

There are really only two bad things about London: 1) Everything is RIDICULOUSLY expensive and 2) Most stores and businesses close way too early...like at 5pm. When we got to Gillingham we fell asleep for a few hours because we were so jet lagged. When we woke up we were starving and so we went into the town's center to get some dinner, it was about 10:30pm and were surprised to discover that everything was closed except for one pizza place. And I thought things closed early in Provo! Besides those two things, London was fabulous and I look forward to going back there someday - hopefully when the dollar isn't so wimpy. Here are some highlights of our time in London.




2 comments:

mathistown said...

Kristin! This is Alli, and I totally didn't know you had a blog, and now that I've found it I'm excited to see I'm on your blog list! I'll add you to mine. How's life? Congrats on graduation!

Melissa said...

how lovely. =D